Customizable controls are finally here in Brawl Stars. You can now change the size and location of the joystick and 3 buttons!
It is unclear whether or not today’s optional update was influenced by a popular Reddit post published 16 days ago which garnered over 5.8k upvotes: https://www.reddit.com/r/Brawlstars/comments/fqq8nh/joystick_controls_ui/. Regardless, you can now freely customize your joystick and attack buttons’ locations and sizes in Settings. However, please note that there is a limitation to how close you can position buttons together.
How can I change my controls?
To customize your controls, go to Settings (accessible by clicking the three horizontal bars in the top right corner) -> Edit Controls.
Here, you can adjust the size and location of your controls, save them, and test them out in the training cave. Note that the circles around the buttons cannot overlap.
Oh, and if you’re left handed, you can click the button in the bottom center of the screen to flip the controls.
In addition to adding customizing capabilities, the following are included in the patch notes for the optional update as well:
– Fixed an issue that caused Showdown box shadows to remain on the ground after a box was destroyed
– Fixed several graphical layering issues with ground effects
– Fixed an issue with opening Club screens that allowed players to send friend requests to members in other Clubs
– Fixed an issue that caused the health bar of Mr.P’s Porters to be moved too high on the screen when using Mr.P’s Gadget
– Fixed an issue where auto-fire targeting did not take into account the added range from Sprouts main attack grenade bounces
This is a pretty big optional update! I highly recommend updating your game as it can make your experience much more enjoyable.