Hey brawlers! Today Brawl Stars announced some very exiting news via the in-game News section and on Twitter about a brand new official Brawl Stars tournament with a huge prize pool. Interested? Continue reading to find out more!
2019 Brawl Stars World Championship tournament
The 2019 Brawl Stars World Championship is the first main-stream tournament that will bring Brawl Stars into the eSports field. With a huge prize pool of $250,000, the tournament is open to practically anyone in the world.
The tournament has three main stages: open qualifiers, regional finals, and the finals in South Korea. There will be 8 total team that will get to qualify for the finals in South Korea this November.
In the upcoming weeks, open qualifiers will be held for anyone to compete in to get access to the regional finals. If you are familiar with the structure of Fortnite‘s recent World Cup tournament, this is quite similar in format.
Stage 1: Open Qualifiers (Online)
In the months of August and September, players will have the chance to compete in various tournament to find out the best teams in each region. The sign-ups for this has already started, so get a team and sign-up! (Links below)
Stage 2: Regional Finals (Online)*
The regional qualifiers will then battle it out to find out the best team in each region. The winning team from each region will qualify for the championship game.**
Stage 3: World Finals in South Korea (Live in-person event)
The final 8 teams will then compete to win the 2019 Brawl Stars World Championship and bring home the sweet sweet gold.
Additional format info:
- The 2019 Brawl Stars NA Open will consist of 3 weeks of open bracket tournaments. Tournaments will be held each Sunday (starting at 2:00 PM ET), with the first tournament on August 18th, 2019.
- Each tournament will be a single-elimination playoff bracket.
- Each match will consist of up to 5 sets (Bo5) format, with each set consisting of up to 3 games (Bo3).
- Week 1: August 18th
- Week 2: September 1st
- Week 3: September 15th
- Week 4 (Finals): September 29th
- The top 2 teams from week 1 will advance to the Regional Finals.
- The top 3 teams from weeks 2 and 3 will advance to the Regional Finals.
- The Regional Finals will consist of the top teams from each week and will play in a single elimination bracket.
- The top team from North America will qualify for the World Championship.
As with any tournament, there are rules. Here are the official rules of the tournament:
- You can only sign up with a team of three players. All three players must reside in the same qualifier region.
- All players must be 16 years or older as of August 12, 2019 to participate.
- All players’ Brawl Stars accounts must be in good standing and not have breached the Supercell Terms of Service. In particular, accounts must contain only legitimate purchases, if any, and not be shared with other players.
- In order to participate in Regional Finals you must own a passport and have the ability to travel to South Korea in November 2019 for the World Finals.
- Additional detailed rules are posted when signing up
The signup links are below (pick your region!):
- North America (including Mexico),
- LATAM Brazil***,
- LATAM Hispanic***,
- Europe (including Middle East & Africa),
- South Korea,
- Sign-ups for South-East Asia (including ANZ), Hong Kong & Macau and Taiwan are coming soon!
Notice: You can only sign up for one region with a team of three.
This will be the largest Brawl Stars tournament to date with a massive prize pool of $250,000 (USD). Additional prizing information is listed below:
- 1st place: $600 ($200 per player)
- 2nd place: $300 ($100 per player)
- 3rd-4th place: $150 ($50 per player)
Regional Finals Prizing:
- 1st Place: $1500
- 2nd Place: $1000
- 3rd Place: $800
- 4th Place: $500
- 5-8th Place: $300
Get your team together folks and compete!
* Some regional finals may take place at a live event.
** The winning team from each region will qualify for the World Finals. For Europe & MEA, the runner-up will also qualify, for a total of 8 teams worldwide.
*** The winners from LATAM Brazil and LATAM Hispanic qualifiers will meet in the LATAM Regional Final to determine which LATAM team will qualify for the World Finals.
Are you going to signup for the 2019 Brawl Stars World Championships? Get your team together and see if your team has what it takes! Good luck to everyone entering and have fun!